The Buckeye UV-IR flame detector provides ultra-fast response, high performance and reliable detection of a large variety of fires including hydrocarbon fires (visible and non-visible), as well as Hydrogen fires. The detector addresses slow growing fires as well as fast eruptions of fire using improved UV-IR technology.
The detector operates in all weather and light conditions. The detector provides high-definition (HD) video output of the monitored area with clear imaging of a fire event and of personnel at distances up to 100 ft. (30m) allowing rescuers to know the exact situation before entering the hazardous area. It will automatically record a video of a fire event (1 min pre-alarm / up to 3 min post-alarm).
Add to that, the integral HD quality video, with event recording, on top of the proven superior capabilities of UV-IR flame detection and you have a very powerful safety tool to protect your personnel, plant and process.
• High immunity to False Alarm
• Ultra-fast detection mode detection within 5 milliseconds for fireballs or explosions
• Hydrogen and Hydrocarbons flame detection
• High sensitivity – up to 100 ft. (30m) for a 1 ft2 (0.1m2) n-heptane pan fire
• HD video output with Automatic HD video recording of fire events. Data/Event logger: Alarms, faults and other relevant events are logged to non-volatile memory
• Ethernet communication – in addition to the standard methods, such as 4-20mA and Modbus
• Built-in-Test (BIT) – Automatic and manual internal self-test of window cleanliness and the overall operation of the detector (for both IR and UV channels)
• Window heater to avoid condensation and icing
• Tilt mounting bracket can be connected either above or below the detector
• Configurable detection mode – allows configuration of UV-IR, UV or IR detection mode