The Buckeye UV-IR flame detector provides ultra-fast response, high performance and reliable detection of a large variety of fires including hydrocarbon fires (visible and non-visible), as well as Hydrogen fires. The detector addresses slow growing fires as well as fast eruptions of fire using improved UV-IR technology.
The detector operates in all weather and light conditions.
• Hydrogen and Hydrocarbons flame detection.
• Ultra-fast detection mode detection within 5 milliseconds for fireballs or explosions
• High sensitivity – up to 100ft (30m) for a 1ft2 (0.1m2) n-heptane pan fire
• High immunity to false alarm
• Data/Event logger – alarms, faults and other relevant events are logged to non-volatile memory.
• Ethernet communication – in addition to the standard methods, such as 4-20mA and Modbus.
• Built-in-Test (BIT) – Automatic and manual internal self-test of window cleanliness and the overall operation of the detector (for both IR and UV channels).
• Window heater to avoid condensation and icing.
• Tilt mounting bracket can be connected either above or below the detector.
• Configurable detection mode – allows configuration of UV-IR, UV or IR detection mode.